NEXT SEMINAR : IMTC MIAMI 2012
"The future success of the Money Transfer and Remittance companies, depends on them starting to view themselves as payment companies..." Anthony Rodriguez, Chief Global Compliance Officer, RIA Financial Services
Hugo Cuevas-Mohr – IMTC Conference Director, Director of Mohr World Consulting, with the advice and support of IMTC Advisory Board, led by Nabil Kabbani, CEO of Kabbani & Associates and former President of Vigo Remittance (a Western Union Company) are bringing this PAYMENT SYSTEMS SEMINAR to the Money Transfer Community to fill the vacuum of information in the traditional Money Transfer Companies regarding the Payment Systems in place around the world (from Checking to ACH, Cards, Wire Transfers), their evolution and the avalanche of emerging payment systems, technology driven (card, internet, mobile), Person-to-Person (P2P) payments, that are changing financial institutions worldwide. At IMTC, we truly believe that Money Transfer Executives must learn what these changes mean in order to benefit from the payment revolution taking place. Download a Presentation Seminar pdf here
SUBJECTS TO BE COVERED:
We are basing the first part of the Seminar in Glenbrook's Partners book entitled "Payment Systems in the U.S." that we encourage each seminar participant to get as "required" reading before the seminar. With the help of this book and other sources, we will cover:
- Overview of Terms, Definition and a bit of History
- The Core Systems in place and their evolution
- a. Checks
- b. ACH
- c. Cards
- d. Wire Transfers
- The future of Cash
- Are Migrant Remittances a Payment System?
- Banks and Non-Banks: the future of competition & partnerships
- Emerging Payment Systems:
- a. Is there really a Payment Revolution in the Financial World?
- b. Internet Payments
- c. Mobile Payments
- Latest News in the Payment World
- The future of Money Transfer Companies as part of the Payment Revolution
- The seminar will not offer Simultaneous Spanish Translation. We will help with explanations in spanish to those who require some assistance.
- We are not endorsed by Glenbrook Partners. We value their contribution to the Education aspects of the Payment Industry and we subscribe to their Payment Newsletter.
- This seminar is a work in progress. The payment landscape is changing rapidly and we want to be up to date with the changes taken place, the new partnerships being formed and the new services being offered.
- Subscribe to our emails to be up-to-date with all the information about the Seminar and the Conference.
- We will benefit from the experience of all seminar participants to share experiences, discuss ideas, answer questions, examine trends and possibly help MT executives to make the decisions that will bring fundamental changes to their organizations.
REGISTRATION will open June 1st, 2011! If you need more information, please don't hesitate to contact us!